CentralNotice is the largest broadcasting channel for the movement. It can reach almost all of our communities with very little effort. However, it's isn't just for raising awareness. We will provide instructions tips for making a positive impact on your project.
The organisers of the community growth space believe that the space will address the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- 10 Reduced inequalities
- 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- 16 Peace, justice and strong institutions
- 17 Partnerships for the goals.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
This session will help almost all of these themes. CentralNotice campaigns (if done correctly) can mobilize communities around common activities. This instruction will show how campaigns can be structured for users to take action right away. This is most commonly seen through donations and events like Wiki loves monuments. We want to make sure other chapters and events can encourage similar participation.
The organisers of the space and the community have identified a number of topics they wish to address in this space. Please explain how your proposal its into these topic areas.
As a reminder, the proposed topics are listed at 2019:Community Growth
This session will address the topics of the Growth space in the following manner:
As stated in the relationship to themes, CentralNotice can mobilize communities. We plan to teach attendees how to craft a campaign and supporting material to get community members to act on important issues or events.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
The audience will understand the purpose and effect of CentralNotice campaigns and how to set them up to yield the greatest impact on their project.
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
The session will work best with these conditions:
small classroom with a projector and screen
no prior knowledge or skill. This might draw 50 people.
This can be recorded by a simple stationary camera.
Relationship with the organisers of the space[edit | edit source]
The organisers of the community growth space wish to provide any necessary support to presenters and participants that they may need and also wish to have an active role in shaping the content of the space to maximise the benefit of all attendees. Please let us know if
you would appreciate any help, and if you consent to constructive suggestions from the organiser team that would allow the largest amount of people to share and benefit from each other's contributions.
- I would be interested in receiving help in shaping my submission: YES.
- In particular, I would need the following type of help or advice:
- I consent to the organisers of the space contacting me to discuss alternative ways to present my knowledge (for example, merging two proposals into a common presentation, a panel debate instead of a lightning talk, etc.), or ways to modify and improve my proposal (for example by ensuring a gender diversity on panels) : YES
- If my proposal is not selected for a presentation, I would be interested in presenting my proposal in the form of a poster in the Community Growth space: YES
- I consent to my proposal being proposed to organisers of other spaces if it would be a good cross-over topic or if it fits better into the other space's scope: YES
If you would like to attend this session, please express your interest by signing ~~~~ below