2019:Related activities/Tech swap shop
As a way to make the conference and the movement more sustainable, we are organizing a Tech swap shop with help of the heroes at Stockholm Makerspace. The Tech swap shop table will be at Södra huset from Friday until Sunday afternoon.
The rules are simple, and based on an idea from Terence Eden.
- People can deposit any (working) gadgets on there
- Laptops left at the table will be added to the Hardware donation program, and only attendees with approved requests (or designated carriers) can pick one up
- Anyone can take what they want (except for laptops) - you don't have to bring something to get something
- Here are some informal rules
- People can take one thing each. If you have already taken something, come back later to give everyone a fair chance.
- Caveat emptor - we'll give everything a quick visual inspection to make sure it isn't obviously broken or unsafe. But we won't do any PAT, or virus scanning, or even booting up. You get what you pay for.
- Laptops should ideally be cleaned out and formatted before being left at the table. At the table a fresh copy of Ubuntu will be installed.
Add things you leave at the table here...
- Netgear Nighthawk wifi router
- Minirouter 4G --> WiFi
- Wacom pen tablet, USB
- HP 16 GB Pendrive
- Wireless earphones (JBL)
- About 40 RFID tags with random numbers
- Various On/off switchs
- 2 small 24V fans
- Lots of cable shoes
- 2 iPhone to 3.5 mm connectors
General wish list, add what you wish for here and hope for the best...
- I'd be interested in that Wacom pen tablet --OlafJanssen (talk) 09:24, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
- I shall be interested in the Netgear Nighthawk wifi router. It would be very useful for our editathons (where we always have the problem of getting all attendees connected simultaneously). Masssly (talk) 14:21, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
- I would be interested in a camera for taking pictures during edit-a-thons and other Wikimedia projects.Mwintirew (talk) 14:28, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
- Wireless earphones or a Camera. --Icem4k (talk) 04:15, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
Things that are left at the table after the conference will be used by the makerspace members or recycled.
If you took or left anything at the table, please share a story about how you will use it or how you have used it.