Jump to navigation Jump to search
What to do if you're new[edit | edit source]
Welcome to the Wikimedia technical community! We're so glad you're here.
There are many ways to participate in the Hackathon if you are new (or kind of new) to the technical community.
- Add yourself and your interests to the participants page.
- Attend the newcomers social session.
- Attend the Pre-Hackathon Showcase. The showcase will be a great way to learn what others are working on and find ways to collaborate.
- Explore the Wikimedia Developer Portal.
- Join a project. Explore the Hackathon workboard, where people track projects and sessions. There are many resources to learn about Phabricator, if you're unfamiliar with the platform.
- Attend some sessions. All sessions list whether or not they are good for newcomers.
- Ask questions! Stop by the Open Hacking/Social Sessions room to ask questions.
- Introduce yourself to others. You can meet people on various social channels.
- Explore resources for newcomers.