Wikimania: The Festival Edition! will take place on 11-14 August 2022 as a primarily virtual event with local in-person gatherings across the world. The organizers are providing stipends for individual virtual participation (with a focus on first-time participants) and grants for Wikimedia affiliates to organize local in-person events and/or run their own scholarship programs. The deadline to apply is June 3rd.
維基媒體國際會議：節日慶典！將於 2022 年 8 月 11 日至 14 日舉行。維基媒體國際會議是維基媒體運動的年度會議，旨在慶祝由志願者社群促成的所有免費和開放的知識項目。 作為維基媒體運動的最大聚會，今年的維基媒體國際會議將比以往任何時候都將更多的維基媒體成員聚集在一起，以線上的方式和實體會議的方式進行創作，慶祝和聯繫。
維基媒體國際會議：節日慶典！可以用三個詞語來概括: 有趣，有活力，熱情洋溢的； 這將是區域性的，通過慶祝活動照亮整個運動的社群； 這將歡迎新的成員，為首次參加者創造一個安全的空間，照亮和激發靈感。
為了歡迎第一次參與維基媒體國際會議的與會者，個人與會者可以在 此處 申請津貼。
|開始申請||2022 年 5 月 9 日|
|申請截止日期||2022 年 6 月 03 日|
- 同時，您可以通過 wikimaniawikimedia.org 將您的問題發送給核心組織團隊。
Apply for an individual scholarship
The Wikimedia Foundation will provide stipends to support individuals attending the 2022 Wikimania to cover Wikimania-related expenses. All stipends are $200 USD. Scholarship recipients will be asked to provide a brief report of their participation after the event.
You can apply for an individual scholarship via LimeSurvey by the 3rd of June 2022. The privacy statement can be found here.
Apply for an affiliate grant
Apply on MetaWiki for Wikimania 2022 Affiliate Scholarships to support access to and participation in Wikimania 2022 in your community. Scholarships can be used to support a number of needs and activities to support access and participation in Wikimania 2022, such as covering data costs for participants, supporting childcare expenses, hosting meetups in relation to Wikimania, and more. A full list of eligible expenses can be found below.
==== Deadline ====
The deadline to submit scholarship requests is the 3rd of June 2022.
In the application, you will be asked some of the following questions:
- What Wikimedia movement affiliate do you represent?
- How will the funding requested support your community’s participation at Wikimania?
- What is the amount of funding you are requesting?
Frequently asked questions
- What is a Wikimania scholarship?
- Affiliates - A scholarship is a grant given to an affiliate to enable them to organize their local Wikimania 2022 event and/or run their local scholarship programs for virtual participation. This is achieved through the Wikimedia Foundation providing funds that will cover local events, childcare, data, small hardware, meals, administrative expenses, and translation services.
- Individuals - A scholarship is a grant given to an individual to enable them to attend Wikimania 2022 virtually. This is achieved through the Wikimedia Foundation providing funds that will cover childcare, data, small hardware, and meals.
- When will the Wikimania 2022 scholarship application open?
Applications opens on May 9th 2022
- When will the Wikimania 2022 scholarship application end?
Applications closes on June 3rd 2022
- Is the application timeline the same for both affiliates and individuals?
Yes, the application submission period is the same for both affiliates and individuals.
- What is the submission process for the Wikimania scholarship?
- Who reviews the submissions for the Wikimania Scholarship?
Both Individual and Affiliate submissions received during the application period will be reviewed by the Core Organizing Team on an ongoing basis.
- How are the submissions reviewed for the Wikimania Scholarship and Grants?
In general, for both Individual and Affiliate applications, we expect the workflow for funding decisions to go through the following steps:
- Step 1: Application submission
- Step 2: Email confirmation sent
- Step 3: Eligibility review by the Core Organizing Team - Grants Team
- Step 4: Funding review and decision made by the Core Organizing Team - Grants Team
- Step 5: Applicants notified of the decision
- Step 6: Disbursement of grants
- Where can I find support/help during the Wikimania application process?
The Core Organizing Team - Wikimania will provide support through office hours offered by region and scheduling one-on-one sessions with grantees to review these changes and to discuss both needs and concerns.
In general, for both questions around Individual and Affiliate applications, the office hours will cover:
- Clarifying questions on the submissions and funds requested
- The Dos and Don’ts of application submissions
- Next steps after resubmissions
- What if I don’t get funded
- How long does it take to receive funds
- What can I [affiliate/individual] use the funds for
- What if I [individual] go over the amount received
- I am not part of an affiliate. How do I apply for funding?
Individuals are able to apply for the individual scholarship, which would be USD$200 for each applicant, in order to cover childcare, data, small hardware(webcam/mouse/earphones), and meals.
- Can I submit my application in a different language other than English?
- Yes, applicants are allowed to submit the application in a different language other than English. The COT will try their best to review the application.
- What are the requirements for reporting?
The applicant who receives the funding from the Wikimedia Foundation is required to submit a report after attending Wikimania.
- What is the funding limit?
- Individuals: The stipend available is a one-time remittance of 200 USD
- Affiliates: The scholarship grant available for affiliates has a maximum of 5000 USD
- Can I submit applications for a scholarship after the deadline?
To ensure that final decision results are released on-time in fairness to other applicants, late applications will not be accepted. It is recommended that applications are submitted at least a few days before the deadline to avoid missing it.
- How will applicants for scholarships be notified of the results?
The e-mail address provided on the application will be used to notify an individual of whether their application has been successful or not. All applicants will be contacted at some point, regardless of the result.
- Can applicants for individual scholarships edit their application after submission?
Unfortunately not. It is recommended that applicants draft their application carefully and ensure they say everything they need to say before submission. However, additional information can be submitted by applicants to wikimaniawikimedia.org where a member of the Core Organizing Team or Wikimedia Foundation staff will note the new information on the user's application. Please do not submit an application twice; this creates a lot of additional work for reviewers.