The Caucasus, a region of locations between the Caspian and the Black Sea, has a strategic location between east and west. The region is rich in culture and historical heritage, but the region is known for its conflicts and unresolved problems. Probes are both political and interethnic in nature, which affects the relations of communities in the region. Our main goal, representatives of the Wikimedia communities of this region, despite the problem situations, is to solve the problems of the situation through the development of Wikimedia projects and to restore the relationship between communities for the development of the Wikimedia movement in this region. We try to do this by conducting various joint projects, for example, such a project Wiki Loves Caucasus 2019, which will be held this year.
In this discussion format, we will try to share with interested people our experience of cooperation and listen to all who have such experience. We think this will be a useful meeting for all who want to develop cooperation and attract new volunteers to Wikimedia projects in difficult and problematic regions.
- 10 Reduced inequalities – reducing the inequality of access to knowledge in the region, as well as attracting new individuals to this project in Wikimedia projects, the goal for which we work.
- 11 Sustainable cities and communities – creating sustainable communities that are ready to cooperate is one of our goals.
- 16 Peace, justice and strong institutions – peace between the communities in the region is important for the future development of projects, and to achieve this goal we carry out and will carry out various projects.
- 17 Partnerships for the goals – our main goal is a sustainable partnership between communities to achieve common goals.
At this meeting, we will try to convey to everyone what we are doing and how we want to jointly develop Wikimedia projects in the Caucasus, by organizing various projects together with all the Caucasus communities. Also, we will listen to all who have ideas how to do it.
At the end of the session we will gain knowledge about how to effectively develop cooperation in difficult regions and how to conduct joint projects, on the way to the development of cooperation.
- Roundtable discussion forum
- Conference presentation
- Room: small room with a projector and screen
- Recording: It will be good if we take pictures from meeting
Relationship with the organisers of the space[edit | edit source]
The organisers of the community growth space wish to provide any necessary support to presenters and participants that they may need and also wish to have an active role in shaping the content of the space to maximise the benefit of all attendees. Please let us know if you would appreciate any help, and if you consent to constructive suggestions from the organiser team that would allow the largest amount of people to share and benefit from each other's contributions.
- I would be interested in receiving help in shaping my submission: YES.
- In particular, I would need the following type of help or advice:
- I consent to the organisers of the space contacting me to discuss alternative ways to present my knowledge (for example, merging two proposals into a common presentation, a panel debate instead of a lightning talk, etc.), or ways to modify and improve my proposal (for example by ensuring a gender diversity on panels) : YES
- If my proposal is not selected for a presentation, I would be interested in presenting my proposal in the form of a poster in the Community Growth space: YES
- I consent to my proposal being proposed to organisers of other spaces if it would be a good cross-over topic or if it fits better into the other space's scope: YES