Community Growth/Czechs, recruitment and retention
The goal of this session is to present Czech mentality as individual-competitive and high skill and show the difference from communities which are more social-helpers. Explain the ways of recruitment might be different in such communities and that than there are also different ways of supporting new contributors retention. From this session participants may get the understanding of different people personalities and what needs such people have, so what may help with their recruitment and retention.
The organisers of the community growth space believe that the space will address the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- 10 Reduced inequalities
- 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- 16 Peace, justice and strong institutions
- 17 Partnerships for the goals.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
This session shows that people have different ways of behavior and thus they make different communities. We cannot say there are better or worst communites, we can just say there are some communities, which have some kind of operation. If they exist its natural and it supports no 10 and 17 of SGD.
The organisers of the space and the community have identified a number of topics they wish to address in this space. Please explain how your proposal its into these topic areas.
As a reminder, the proposed topics are listed at 2019:Community Growth
This session will address the topics of the Growth space in the following manner:
It will support it by explaining the social diversity and the ways how to support different social groups in continuous and sustainable participation in Wikipedia.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
Juandev (talk) 23:42, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Lightning talk
Workshop to identify and try to solve problem
Roundtable discussion forum
Panel with audience Question & Answer session
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: room with seats, projector
- Audience: everybody intrested
- Recording: videorecording is good
- Time requested: 5 minutes
Relationship with the organisers of the space[edit | edit source]
The organisers of the community growth space wish to provide any necessary support to presenters and participants that they may need and also wish to have an active role in shaping the content of the space to maximise the benefit of all attendees. Pleas
e let us know if you would appreciate any help, and if you consent to constructive suggestions from the organiser team that would allow the largest amount of people to share and benefit from each other's contributions.
- I would be interested in receiving help in shaping my submission:
YES / NO.
- In particular, I would need the following type of help or advice:
- I consent to the organisers of the space contacting me to discuss alternative ways to present my knowledge (for example, merging two proposals into a common presentation, a panel debate instead of a lightning talk, etc.), or ways to modify and improve my proposal (for example by ensuring a gender diversity on panels) : YES /
- If my proposal is not selected for a presentation, I would be interested in presenting my proposal in the form of a poster in the Community Growth space:
YES / NO
- I consent to my proposal being proposed to organisers of other spaces if it would be a good cross-over topic or if it fits better into the other space's scope: YES /