2019:Community Growth/Space Intro
|This is an Accepted submission for the Growth space at Wikimania 2019.|
People in our movement have been working hard to make Wikimedia communities sustainable by recruiting and retaining newcomers to the projects. Wikimedians have been running local events, evolving our software, and working to improve the processes and culture on our wikis – but we still have a long way to go. In this panel a speaker from each of the Space’s thematic blocks will give an idea on what to expect in this Space and share their opinion on
- What is and is not working around attracting and retaining newcomers?
- How should Wikimedia evolve to help communities grow and flourish?
- How should our technology and culture evolve to help new populations to come online, participate and become community members?
For the thematic blocks we will have on stage
- Technology block: Rita Ho (WMF)
- Campaigns: Rosiestep
- Building organizations: Manavpreet Kaur
- Lightning talks: Juandev
- Onboarding: Samat