In this project an attempt was made to train some interested women wikimedians of different communities for outreach activities by guiding them and making them organize the event in their respective communities. The basic training was given about planning, proposing, performing and reporting.This helped in exploring and promoting women leadership in different languages, thus helping in bridging the gender gap along with the usual accomplishment of content creation.
Following the event, women participated in Women Day event at UNESCO Delhi and we conducted the first Women Train the Trainer Program-India. All women leaders from different language communities have been actively engaged and have been leading different projects and we are planning education expansion initiatives for our next annual plan.
The organisers of the community growth space believe that the space will address the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- 10 Reduced inequalities
- 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- 16 Peace, justice and strong institutions
- 17 Partnerships for the goals.
Good Health and well being
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
The organisers of the space and the community have identified a number of topics they wish to address in this space. Please explain how your proposal its into these topic areas.
As a reminder, the proposed topics are listed at 2019:Community Growth
This session will address the topics of the Growth space in the following manner:
The session is about trying different ways of planning collaborative events, supporting women in leadership roles and providing assistance to build a diverse and stronger community.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
The attendees will have insights on how we planned a diverse initiative (11 languages) sitting in different geographic regions.
They will get to know how different communities planned the same initiative in different ways.
They will know what worked for us and what didn't.
They will have understanding of our challenges and the difference in situations.
Together we can all learn from each other and help build better plans for more promising outcome in terms of community growth by enhancement of women in leadership roles.
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Conference presentation
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: Classroom or lecture hall with projector and screen
Relationship with the organisers of the space[edit | edit source]
The organisers of the community growth space wish to provide any necessary support to presenters and participants that they may need and also wish to have an active role in shaping the content of the space to maximise the benefit of all attendees. Please let us know if you would appreciate any help, and if you consent to constructive suggestions from the organiser team that would allow the largest amount of people to share and benefit from each other's contributions.
- I would be interested in receiving help in shaping my submission: NO.
- In particular, I would need the following type of help or advice:
- I consent to the organisers of the space contacting me to discuss alternative ways to present my knowledge (for example, merging two proposals into a common presentation, a panel debate instead of a lightning talk, etc.), or ways to modify and improve my proposal (for example by ensuring a gender diversity on panels) : YES
- If my proposal is not selected for a presentation, I would be interested in presenting my proposal in the form of a poster in the Community Growth space: YES
- I consent to my proposal being proposed to organisers of other spaces if it would be a good cross-over topic or if it fits better into the other space's scope: YES