Welcome to the landing page for the language space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
In the spirit of UNESCO's International Year of Indigenous Languages, this space focuses on language issues, though not limited to indigenous languages. Potential presentation topics include Wikidata lexicography, i18n, outreach to underserved language communities and sessions on re-use of material (templates, modules, etc.) across several language wikis.
Background[edit | edit source]
Ever since the beginning of the Wikimedia movement, the multilingual nature of our projects has been a core part of our mission. This space is dedicated to talks and sessions that can improve the life and work for those working in various language wikis – both large and well-established communities and small and emerging communities.
Relationship to the Sustainable Development Goals[edit | edit source]
We believe the following SDGs are relevant to our space. Please keep them in mind when proposing a session.
Decent work and economic growth
Sustainable cities and economies
Partnerships for the goals
Topics[edit | edit source]
Topics proposers want[edit | edit source]
- The topics we want for this space are the ones especially related to cooperation between languages, activities related to small and minority languages, and ideas and initiatives in lesser-known language projects that could inspire the same and be adopted across other languages.
Topics the community wants[edit | edit source]
- Please feel free to add topics you would like to see covered in this section – or propose them on the talk page.
Contact[edit | edit source]
The space leaders for this space are:
- Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MF-Warburg (email)
- Rémy Gerbet WMFr (email@example.com)
- Shangkuanlc (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Amir Aharoni (email)
You can reach us on our talk pages or with the email links.
Discussion[edit | edit source]
Questions? Comments? Write them here!
Hello, The LinguaLibre.fr team aims to come in force to this Wikimania. Accordingly, we submitted a series of presentations. We plan to be 3 people or more to represent the project in Stockholm. Please contact me if you have comments on these, so I can work for a solution as asap. Best regards --Yug (talk) 22:48, 9 June 2019 (UTC)