This meeting is the annual in-person Wikimedia Loves Vegan meetup. This group advocates that Wikimedia events commit to offering a vegan option for participants at every event. No Wikimania has yet done this, and every Wikimania should offer this as a choice.
The meeting has 3 parts:
- Brief introductions from attendees promote collaboration
- Showcase solidarity for vegan advocates and their projects
- Statements of present challenges and wishes to promote vegan interests
This meeting will be documented in text. The intent of publishing shared notes is to create a publication record for any individual who wants to list themselves publicly as an advocate for Wiki Loves Vegan, to promote project outreach in hopes of finding collaborators and readers, and to contribute to the documentation of challenges on which basis we seek to make event participation accessible for vegan people in the Wikimedia Movement and allied communities.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
2 - "zero hunger" - there is no possibility of feeding the world animal based products of the sort the Western world consumes
12 - "responsible consumption and production" - vegan lifestyle should be a choice, and Wikimedia events should start offering vegan options
14, 15 - "life in water and on land" - production of animal products is the leading threat to animal habitat and life
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Regardless of whether attendees agree with vegan ideas, everyone will gain respect for diversity of thought
- Attendees gain awareness of the importance of making events accessible
- This event will give a brief overview of what vegan means, however, that is not the point. The point is making events inclusive in general for vegan people and everyone.
- I would be secretary to take and publish notes. Please volunteer to attend and speak or take a role. Blue Rasberry (talk) 02:24, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Roundtable discussion forum
The session will work best with these conditions:
Please submit this as a meetup. --Gnom (talk) 15:37, 13 July 2019 (UTC)