This session is a round table workshop to brainstorm sources of additional content for Internet in a Box. The session will begin with a brief overview of currently available content and licensing and technical challenges in acquiring it. This will be followed by a working session to identify potential content contributors and a plan for soliciting their participation.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
- SDG 3 - Quality Health and Well-being - It is hoped that making a growing range of offline health material available in a low cost format will lead to better health outcomes.
- SDG 4 - Quality Education - Easily accessible offline health resources contribute to a quality education.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
A Google doc with group contributions (CC licensed) containing:
- A list of target sources for new offline health content.
- A plan for approaching each source in order to gain access to the content.
- Additional ideas for expanding offline health content/
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Lightning talk
- Workshop to identify and try to solve problem
- Roundtable discussion forum
The session will work best with these conditions:
Open to any and all interested persons.
If you would like to attend this session, please express your interest by signing ~~~~ below