Translation workshops are as impactful as edit-a-thons and as such there is need to share some quick guides on organizing successful translation workshops with focus on what works well, what are the difficulties and crowdsourcing participants by democratising the choice of what should be translated.
Date: Sunday 18 August
Time: 11:30 AM
Venue: Södra Huset Building
Room: Menchú (B487)
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
The relationship to the overall theme are found in Goals 4, Quality education and Goal 10, Reduced inequalities.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
Participants will learn the following:
- How to organize successful translation workshops
- What works well
- What are the difficulties
- Crowdsourcing participants by democratising the choice of what t should be translated.
Name: Blossom Ozurumba
Affiliate: Igbo Wikimedians User Group 
Designation: Founding Member
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Computer-based training
- Discussion-based training
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: A lecture hall with a large projector + screen
- Audience: As many as the hall can contain and no prior knowledge/skills is required.
- Recording: It is totally appropriate for filming by a single fixed-location camera, sharable on the internet, with a free-licence.