Wikimedia Indonesia and Creative Commons Indonesia have been working closely since 2011 in the same house in an attempt to promote their common goal which is: a world that enables access to free and legally usable knowledge for everyone. The first attempt done by Wikimedia Indonesia was becoming a host organization for CC Indonesia which has been really helpful for CC Indonesia to run and receive fundings as a non-legal entity until now (see 2016 and 2017, and 2018 activities). In exchange, for example, CC Indonesia helps to explain the legal aspect of open content, including Wikimedia projects in workshops, partner meetings and also held train-the-trainers event to sustain the availability of CC license experts for Wikimedia Indonesia and/or any institution with CC license expertise assistance needs, e.g. assisting GLAM activities in Sumba, inviting Indonesian Open University to become CC-ToT certificates, and similar activities. And since 2016, CC Indonesia still have an ongoing attempt in "copyright reform" aspect to exempt CC license and another type of licenses from license recordation mandatory regulation, which really affect the works protection aspect from the license.
Until now we are still working together under the same roof and always try to have each other back and also seek opportunities to continue our collaboration. We believe that by working together we can cover a lot more issues and create more impact than we expected. In this session, we want to tell the story of the partnership between CC and Wikimedia from our perspective, how it begins, what has been exchanged, and what we will do next. We also want to map and identify forms of activities and/or opportunities from audiences feedback who will attend the session.
- ↑ Creative Commons Indonesia. Majalah Horison Akan Hadir di Wikimedia Commons Secara Bertahap.
- ↑ Creative Commons Indonesia. Pengumuman Resmi Hasil Akhir Training of Trainers Creative Commons Indonesia.
- ↑ Creative Commons. Making Creative Commons Licensing Work In Indonesia.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
We believe this session fits the "Partnership for the SDG process" theme which is used as one of the backgrounds for Partnership Space at Wikimania 2019.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Understanding of the importance of Wikimedia and Creative Commons from the global level to the local level
- Identify and map more opportunities and activities from the audience perspective
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: A small classroom with a projector and screen will suit our need to deliver the session.
- Audience: Around 10-20 people having the experience of partnership or works related to CC or Wikimedia projects.
- Recording: This session can be recorded and published in a video format which will be licensed under CC BY/BY-SA 4.0.