This is the meetup for the meta:Wikimedians in Residence Exchange Network. The meeting has 3 parts:
- Brief introductions from attendees promote collaboration
- Showcase of outcomes of Wikimedian in Residence projects in the last year
- Statements of present challenges and wishes to promote Wikimedian in Residence interests
This meeting will be documented in text. The intent of publishing shared notes is to create a publication record for any individual who wants to list themselves publicly as an advocate for Wiki LGBT+, to promote project outreach in hopes of finding collaborators and readers, and to contribute to the documentation of challenges on which basis we seek to improve Wikimedia for LGBT+ content and contributors.
This meeting is semi-private! Anyone is welcome to attend and listen. Speaking time during the meeting is reserved for Wikimedians in Residence. Anyone who is not a Wikimedian in Residence is welcome to chat with Wikimedians in Residence before or after the meeting, but please reserve the limited speaking time for members of this group.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
Organizations which advance the SDGs should publish in their field of expertise through Wikipedia, and staff engagements through Wikimedians in Residence is the most effective way to accomplish this.
4 - "quality education" - for nearly 20 years, Wikipedia has remained the least expensive, highest impact investment for sharing general knowledge with a large audience
16 - "peace, justice, and strong institutions" - Wikipedia is a bastion of global free speech where any organization can publish to reach the world
17 - "partnerships for the goals" - Wikipedia is the most effective publishing channel for reporting the impact of any organizations' progress toward the UN Sustainable Development Goals
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Create a publication record of individual Wikimedians in Residence, their projects, and their concerns for global consideration
- Identify and showcase matters of broad global concern among Wikimedians in Resdience
- Providing in-person and on-line access to the social network of Wikimedians in REsidence
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Roundtable discussion forum
The session will work best with these conditions:
- small classroom or roundtable
- projector useful but not required
This event will have text-based notetaking and a group photo.