2019:Related activities/Wikidata & Wikibase for National Libraries meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A one day meeting to bring together representatives of National Libraries, and Libraries with equivalent status (e.g. legal deposit/cataloguing in publication/union catalogues), for a one-day meeting, to share current activities, to discuss the roadmap plans, and to describe needs/requirements for the use of Wikidata and Wikibase in this specific professional context.
This meeting is initiated by Europeana with the support of Wikimedia Sweden, Wikimedia Deutschland, and the National Library of Sweden - who are hosting.
The meeting takes place on the day following Wikimania (Monday 19 August) and is by invitation.
Purpose[edit | edit source]
- To share current activities:
- Wikibase as entity catalogue
- Wikidata for Authority Control
- Wikidata for reference/discovery
- Wikidata for providing collection access/reuse
- To discuss the roadmap plans
- Federated Wikibase
- Lexicography development
- Structured Data on Commons
- To describe needs/requirements for the use of Wikidata and Wikibase in this specific professional context
- Conversation about the pilot projects needed to better evaluate the use of Wikidata/Wikibase for the professional space
- Growing the developer and tech support base for this group's needs
- Does it make sense to organize more strongly
Contact[edit | edit source]
- Kungliga biblioteket - Stina Degerstedt: Stina.Degerstedtkb.se, Anna Berggren: Anna.Berggrenkb.se
- Europeana - Liam Wyatt: liam.wyatteuropeana.eu
- Wikimedia Sverige - Alicia Fagerving: alicia.fagervingwikimedia.se