This is a Closed submission
for Wikimania 2019
. It has been reviewed and was not accepted.
Technology outreach & innovation/The hurdles of deploying Machine Learning models in production
Deploying Machine Learning applications in a production environment poses significant hurdles that the movement hasn't been called to address in a consistent and concise manner up to now. Some adhoc solutions exists. This talk is about identifying those issues, spreading knowledge and proposing solutions.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
- 8 - Decent work and economic growth
- 9 - Industry, Innocation and Infrastructure
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- The major hurdles to deploying machine learning applications in a production environment will be understood by the audience
- Possible solutions to those issues will have been shown and pros and cons discussed
- Developers interested in having machine learning applications deployed in the movement's infrastructure will have a clear understanding of the requirements
- email@example.com, IRC: akosiaris
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Class room or lecture hall.
- Projector and screen
- Being/wanting to become a developer with an interest in deploying an application into the movement's production environment a plus
- Freely licensed slides, straight forward presentation, no limitations.