Jump to navigation Jump to search
Communication Experts are volunteers that communicate before, under and after Wikimania. They communicate internally, to find support for ideas, to explain what is happening and to spread information throughout the platforms. They take part in communication externally together with the Communications Team at the WMF and the PR Agency that will be hired. They may update social medias, create graphics, write blog texts, identify Facebook groups and other social networks and in other ways increase outreach and impact of Wikimania.
- Spread important information throughout the platforms prior to and after the conference.
- Write blog posts and other written texts for identified platforms.
- Update social media platforms according to communications plan.
- Create graphics and other pieces of visual information to explain important information visually.
- Spread information about Wikimedia in relevant social networks with Wikimania as the example.
A communication expert has at least one of the competences below:
- Fluent knowledge in English, French or German and ideally more languages, along with good knowledge of the Wikimedia platforms internal structures.
- Good communication skills in text: the ability to quickly, with accuracy and fluency formulate texts for internal and external purpose.
- Graphical skills and the ability to explain complex ideas and outcomes in ways easy to understand.
- Good knowledge and experience of gaining momentum and attracting interest on Social Media platforms, including knowledge of how algorithms work on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and experience of how to engage audiences without large ads budgets.