2021:Submissions/Just one article can change one’s judgement
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Just one article can change one’s judgement
· Sunday August 15, 20:00 UTC
Speakers[edit | edit source]
Abstract[edit | edit source]
“Just one article can change one’s judgement” is the title and is the concept that is adopted by Wikipedian Editor Project, a voluntary project to encourage volunteers to start their first articles which change their judgement of wikipedia as “an unreliable source” ignoring the efforts and time exerted by large number of volunteers. This lightening talk will go through the idea and vision of the project, the challenges faced it, its progression and its outcomes. It will deliver a message for readers of Wikipedia and editors from different levels of knowledge of Wikimedia.
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- How you can as an old editor or a new comer help to improve the deep-rooted idea about Wikipedia in your community.
- How a small idea can become a project with many participants and outcomes.
- The challenges that face Wikipedian Editor Project and how we tried to fight them.
- How Wikipedian Editor Project could reach 170 contributors from different Arab countries and resulted in 850 articles on Arabic Wikipedia.
I'm planning to attend this session live![edit | edit source]