2021:Submissions/Makumbusho: a powerful tool to mobilize local communities and facilitate partnerships with Museums
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Makumbusho: a powerful tool to mobilize local communities and facilitate partnerships with Museums
Building 2 · Monday August 16, 09:40 UTC
Speakers[edit | edit source]
Abstract[edit | edit source]
Makumbusho (museum in Swahili) Apps4Museums is a new project that aims to deliver a digital platform allowing the automatic generation of multi-language mobile applications for archaeological and art museums around the world (and especially in the global south) based on content available on Wikidata/Wikipedia/Commons.
- Promote the available content on Wikidata, Wikipedia and Commons
- Increase and improve the content on Wikipedia/Wikidata/Commons related to museums and their collections
- Provide local communities a powerful tool to generate mobile applications for their local museums and therefore foster GLAM partnerships with museums.
- Promote the Wiki Movement and show how the Wiki content can be useful outside the Wiki projects
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Learn how we can generate a mobile application for museums using content from Wikidata/Wikipedia and Commons
- Learn how we can use the tool to foster partnerships and collaboration with museums (especially in the global south ) and having more open collections