2021:Submissions/Product Platform Strategy from the Wikimedia Foundation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Product Platform Strategy from the Wikimedia Foundation
Building 2 · Saturday August 14, 11:30 UTC
Speakers[edit | edit source]
Carol Dunn (WMF)
Abstract[edit | edit source]
The Product and Technology departments have developed a Product Platform Strategy to move us into the 2030 vision of being the “Essential Infrastructure of free knowledge”. In this session we will introduce the strategy and how we will implement this strategy moving forwards. The strategy focuses on equitable growth--how do we work with communities and volunteers around the world to grow the movement. We will review methodologies for working with communities to achieve equitable growth with a focus on the pilot teams. Each of these pilots will work with communities around the world to test ideas for how we can grow in an equitable, safe and resilient way.
Session Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Attendees learn what the strategy is and how it affects the product and platform work the Wikimedia Foundation does and will do toward the 2030 Movement Strategy
- Presenters receive feedback on the Product Platform Strategy and how it affects volunteers’ and movement stakeholders’ work.
I'm planning to attend this session live![edit | edit source]
- Sebastian Wallroth (talk) 11:47, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
- Aderiqueza (talk) 07:11, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 07:49, 14 August 2021 (UTC)
- NANöR (talk) 11:53, 14 August 2021 (UTC)Numbered list item