2021:Unconference/Ask Us Anything About Search or Wikidata Query Service
Session Info[edit | edit source]
Unconference, Floor 2, Table A ... Please meet us in Jitsi ⤵︎
Meeting link: https://meet.jit.si/SearchPlatformAtWikimania
Hosts: Search Platform Team
Audience: Anyone who is interested!
Feel free to add questions to the Etherpad if you think we might need time to prepare answers—or just show up the day of and try to stump us!
Notes[edit | edit source]
Come with questions about anything related to search or WDQS, including:
- search usecases—how to use search syntax, how to make queries more efficient, etc.
- Wikidata Query Service
- Wikimedia Commons Query Service beta
- our search APIs
- CloudElastic—what it is and how to use it
- how to improve search in your language
- etc., etc., etc.!
Resources[edit | edit source]
None of these are required reading or viewing for coming to talk to us, but the are fun and/or informative:
- Search Support for Minority Languages (YouTube, main content ~6 minutes + ~10 minutes of Q&A)
- Bare-Bones Basics of Full-Text Search (Commons, ~45 minutes; more languagey at the beginning, more indexy at the end)
- The anatomy of search (5–blog post series about search; covers tokenization, normalization, stemming, indexing, and querying; mostly a more in-depth version of the Bare-Bones video above)