2021:Unconference/Leveraging on Local Holidays as a Topical Campaign to Bridge Content Gaps on Wikipedia
In this session participants and campaign organizers will be able to learn how to leverage local holidays as an integral part of campaign organizing to bridge local content gaps. In this session we will be showcasing a case study using the Founders Day Ghana Writing Contest.
Objective[edit | edit source]
At the end of the presentation participants;
- Will learn about the importance of leveraging local holidays to run campaigns
- Showcase how Founders Day Ghana Writing Contest was employed as a local Holiday to bridge the content Gap
- Learn from the strategies adopted during the campaign
- Showcase the impact achieved from the Founders Day Campaign
- Be able to learn how to adapt a similar approach in running their own campaigns in their region
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
This session demonstrates how campaign organizers can be innovative in running campaigns using a practical approach. We Hope that in this session we can constructively discuss local campaign organizing methods and how they can impact diversity in content creation.
How do you plan to facilitate diversity in your curated block? We will comply with Wikipedia's friendly space policy and ensure that others are treated with respect and dignity.
Level of expertise expected from participants (New, Basic, Medium, Advance) Basic Is your block suitable to be delivered live, prerecorded or both?(Live. Pre recorded, both) Both
Participants[edit | edit source]
(please sign up below)