2022:Submissions/Leadership Development Working Group: What are we doing and why?
- Language: English
- Status: Live
Nitesh Gill, Goodness Ignatius, Francesc Fort, Jan Lukas Hobrock, Nada Alfarra, & Rae Adimer
The Leadership Development Working Group is a diverse and global group of community members that have come together to support leadership development across the movement. The group members bring varied perspectives, experiences, cultures, and communities. They represent all 8 regions, 17+ languages, at least 15 communities, and different roles and years of movement experience. The group began its work in June 2022.
This session will be an informal and interactive conversation with members of the working group. Group members will reflect on questions such as:
- Who are the members of this group? What communities do they represent?
- Why and where is leadership development important? What are the challenges and opportunities?
- What has the working group learned so far about working together and about leadership development?
- What is the group doing? What are their plans for the future?
- How can community members be involved?
Learning Outcomes[edit source]
By attending this session, audience members will:
- Learn about the perspectives, progress and plans of the Leadership Development Working Group
- Exchange with community members who are working on leadership development
- Hear from the working group about their experiences and learnings working in a multicultural, multilingual group
- Understand how to get involved in the working group's work