2022:Submissions/Movement Strategy: Implementation lightning talks!
- Language: English
- Status: Live
Toni Ristovski (Shared Knowledge), Ivana Madžarević (Wikimedia Serbia), and Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska (Wikimedia Polska)
Session hosted by Movement Strategy and Governance Team (WMF)
In this lightning talk session, three speakers from different Wikimedia organizations and groups will present their projects by which they are working on implementing a part of Wikimedia’s Movement Strategy. What are their challenges during implementation, what have they learned and could be shared with others interested in implementing Movement Strategy, and what future goals they have for their work and for Movement Strategy? Each speaker presents their work for 10 min, and can answer questions from the audience for 5 min. The idea is to showcase tangible examples of what Movement Strategy Implementation looks like in practice.
Learning Outcomes[edit source]
- Understanding how Movement Strategy can be put into practice
- Learning about challenges and experiences of different organizations and groups while working on implementing Movement Strategy
- Connect with others that are working on topics you’re interested in
- Inspiration for what and how to start working on Movement Strategy implementation
- Toni Ristovski (Shared Knowledge), very active editor and admin on Macedonian Wikipedia (started from 2010, user name: Ehrlich91), founder and board member of Shared Knowledge, local coordinator of CEE Spring and main organizer and researcher of Wikiexpeditions in Macedonia
- Ivana Madžarević is the project and community manager, Wikimedia Serbia, and the project co-lead of UNLOCK, an innovation accelerator project.
- Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska is the community support team manager at Wikimedia Polska and was the project lead on the CEE needs research that informed the current CEE Hubs Pilot.