2022:Submissions/Movement Strategy: Implementation lightning talks!, Part 3
- Language: English
- Status: Live
Antoni Mtavangu (Wikimedia Tanzania), Nicola Zeuner (Wikimedia Deutschland), Mali Brødreskift (Wikimedia Norge)
Session hosted by Movement Strategy and Governance Team (WMF)
In this lightning talk session, three speakers from different Wikimedia organizations and groups will present their projects by which they are working on implementing a part of Wikimedia’s Movement Strategy. What are their challenges during implementation, what have they learned and could be shared with others interested in implementing Movement Strategy, and what future goals they have for their work and for Movement Strategy? Each speaker presents their work for 10 min, and can answer questions from the audience for 5 min. The idea is to showcase tangible examples of what Movement Strategy Implementation looks like in practice.
Learning Outcomes[edit source]
- Understanding how Movement Strategy can be put into practice
- Learning about challenges and experiences of different organizations and groups while working on implementing Movement Strategy
- Connect with others that are working on topics you’re interested in
- Inspiration for what and how to start working on Movement Strategy implementation
- Antoni Mtavangu is the co-founder at Wikimedia Tanzania and is the co-lead on a research project to surface the Hubs needs of East Africans.
- Nicola Zeuner is the Director Movement Strategy and Global Relations at Wikimedia Deutschland and is the co-lead on the Capacity Exchange (cXc) collaborative project with Wikimedia Ireland.
- Mali Brødreskift is the diversity manager at Wikimedia Norge and is also the co-lead on the Language Diversity Hub project to surface opportunities to address existing barriers that small-language communities face.