2022:Submissions/Sip and chat with the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
- Language: English. Live interpretation is available in: Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Swahili, Turkish
- Status: Live
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
Come and connect with the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Whether you have never heard of the board or are just interested in hearing more about how the Wikimedia Foundation is governed this informal session is for you. Bring along your favourite drink or food to this fun session that will include a short video, a panel discussion and lots of opportunities to learn more about the work of the board.
Following the overall theme of Wikimania this year this session will be aimed at newcomers. Wikimedians wanting to ask specific questions about the Board's ongoing work are welcome to contact the board via the board noticeboard, email askcacwikimedia.org or join any of the upcoming regular conversations with trustees. With just 50 mins we are unlikely to get to all questions asked in the event so any questions we do not get to during the event will be answered on Meta-Wiki.
Learning Outcomes[edit source]
- A basic understanding of the role of the Wikimedia Foundation Board
- An understanding of how the Board's work relates to and impacts the movement
- Updates on current Board projects
- A personal connection with trustees
- An understanding of how to get involved with the Board, if of interest
Learn more about the Wikimedia Foundation Board of trustees.