2022:Submissions/Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines Roundtable
- Language: English
- Status: Live
|Please submit your questions in advance here: https://forum.movement-strategy.org/t/ucoc-roundtable-in-wikimania-2022/1338|
- Barkeep49, member of the UCoC Revisions Committee
- MJL, member of the UCoC Revisions Committee
- Vermont, member of the UCoC Revisions Committee
- Ruby, member of the UCoC Revisions Committee
Moderator: Sally, Drafting Committee Facilitator for UCoC, Wikimedia Foundation
The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) and its Enforcement Guidelines have the potential to affect all editors, projects, and affiliates. After a community-wide vote earlier in the year, the Board of Trustees has empowered a Revisions Committee to make final changes to the Guidelines. This session will continue the project team's dialog with the Wikimedia communities and affiliates after Enforcement Guidelines were voted on in March 2022.
Wikimedians will join Revisions Committee members as well as members of the Trust & Safety Policy team staff in a roundtable to discuss. Main topics will include discussion of some changes to the UCoC and the revisions to the enforcement guidelines currently being worked on by a staff-volunteer Revision Committee.
Learning Outcomes[edit source]
- An opportunity to discuss thoughts and concerns about the Enforcement Guidelines, and changes they’d like to see, with stakeholders of different roles from the UCoC project team and the Revision Committee.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of how the UCoC and Enforcement Guidelines development is progressing.
- Participants will gain better understanding and knowledge about UCoC and Enforcement Guidelines that they can take back to their groups and communities; participants will be able to start and participate in internal discussions with better knowledge of the project.
Agenda[edit | edit source]
- 5 minutes: Welcoming the participants; short intro of the panelists and the project
- 10 minutes: Present the voting, feedback, review process, timeline, upcoming consultation
- 40 minutes:Questions and answers for panelists
- 5 minutes: Closing remarks
Questions[edit | edit source]
Do you have a question about the UCoC enforcement process that you would like our panelists to answer? Please don't hesitate to add it below. We suggest that you review the Enforcement Guidelines Revision Discussions and Frequently Asked Questions in order to help you better be informed in formulation your questions.
Attendees[edit | edit source]
Sign up below if you plan to attend live
Contact[edit | edit source]
- Patrick Earley: pearleywikimedia.org