2023:Program/Submissions/Introducing WikiSound - 3J9VFM
Title: Introducing WikiSound
Anas Adam (User:Anasskoko)
My name is Anas Adam I’m from Nigeria, I’m one of the co founders of WikiSound Audio Speaks Campaign.
Track: Community Initiatives
Submission state: submitted
Duration: 30 minutes
Do not record: false
Presentation language: en
Abstract & description[edit source]
I would like to contribute during Wikimania 2023 by introducing the Sound and Audio Wikimedia activities in Wikimedia ecosystem to the global community Wikimedians, the session will introduce the new Campaign titled WikiSound Audio Speaks Campaign and Wikimedia Pages Wanting Audios; both are international campaign designed to mentor Wikimedians on how to fully engaged themselves in audio and sound contributions in Wikimedia Sister projects.
Introducing audio and sound activities during Wikimania 2023 is very important to Wikimedians, as less Wikimedians are contributing with audio in Wikimedia movements, during the session as time will permit within 30 minutes I will introduce sound to Wikimedians, showing how important audio is in Wikimedia movement, moreover, I would also show some techniques on recording different varieties of free audio content or how to possessed audio content for upload and linking into relevant Wikimedia sister projects, I will use a slide to explain how to record, convert, upload and link audio files. The following are the specific aim and objectives we intend to achieve; Aim
- To create an effective strategy of knowing audio activities for contributions.
- To have participating communities across Wikimedia movements.
- For participants to acquire audio recordings, conversations and linking techniques.
- To enroll participants for mentorship.
- To have a collaborative relationship between Wikimedia groups, affiliates and organizations during Wikimania on audio related activities.
- To boost the number of audio files in Wikimedia Commons and to make use of it worth encyclopedic in Wikimedia sister projects.
- To have an open discussion on audio related topics among Wikimedians for contributions, recommendations and a way forward in seeing the effectiveness of audio activities.
Further details[edit source]
Qn. How does your session relate to the event themes: Diversity, Collaboration Future?
It’s a collaboration for the future to introduce Sound and audio activities among Wikimedians, also to support diversity from different communities, as Wikimania help to gather wikimedians across the world to share experience and collaborate in shaping the free knowledge sharing. The collaboration aim to have experience users or attendees of the Wikimania that would return back to their communities and engage more participation on audio related contents in Wikimedia Sister projects.
Qn. What is the experience level needed for the audience for your session?
Everyone can participate in this session
Qn. What is the most appropriate format for this session?