Trekkie, journalist, failed computer-scientist, communicator, campaigner and organiser. I have worked for a range of global humanitarian and international development organisations in the past and lived or worked in over 20 countries around the world. My travels mostly took me to the parts that most tourists never reach - so always feel free to ask me about the beauty of Lake Turkana, Thái Nguyên province, Muratella, Naogaon or more. Conversations with me always involve Star Trek or other sci-fi references.
I have been part of the movement since 2007 as a reader, regular donor and occasional contributor.
I am building our movement communications whilst being in awe of the amazing work Wikimedians from all over the world do.
The Movement Communications team works to build bridges. Some of our work includes:
- Movement communications insights
- Wikimedian of the Year – Who will be the Wikimedian of the Year 2021?
- Maryana's listening tour
- Community Affairs Committee hosted conversations, Afrika Baraza, CEE Connect etc
- Working to make our movement communications more equitable and inclusive across all regions.
- Coordination and consistency in movement communications across different foundation teams
- Engaging the movement with the Foundation's annual plan
- We recently welcomed the Community Relations Specialists into the Movement Communications family.
or on my Meta-Wiki talk page.
I generally answer during UTC+1 daytime
|Users by language