This is the perpetual wiki for each of Wikimedia's annual Wikimania conferences, where the host chapter coordinates the content in the wiki. Its purpose is to provide the information relating to forthcoming events, and to record the proceedings of previous Wikimanias.
What you need to know about this wiki:
- For how to edit a wiki, see either this general how to edit page, or the equivalent page at your language Wikipedia.
- Our expectation of the civil and considerate treatment of your fellow contributors.
- Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~).
- Wikimania 2022 will be an online event. Wikimania goes live on August 12 and ends on August 14, 2022 (UTC).
—billinghurst sDrewth 11:40, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks @Billinghurst: that template will need updating for 2020 as its not a chapter but rather the ESEAP region a combined group of about 30 affiliates and others from as yet affiliated places. Anyway cheers for the welcome 2020 Bangkok will be the best yet. Gnangarra (talk) 12:33, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
Scholarship process[edit source]
Hi Gnangarra, this is in response with your message in the Wikimedia ESEAP WhatsApp group chat. I am willing to help with the WMF Scholarship process and interested in being contacted directly. I am from the Philippines. Thanks. --Jojit fb (talk) 14:23, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users[edit source]
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:20, 4 January 2022 (UTC)