Hi Jetam2. Wondering whether you, or a contact, may look at the local mediawiki messages that we have developed for wikimaniawiki, and look to have them translated for 'sk'. I have a listing page of needs at Wikimania:Mediawiki pages with translations/sk. Thanks for any help. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:26, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, @Billinghurst:. Is there any way to make the process less onerous? Like translate all of the terms in one table? Also, how could I get to the context. Without it is hard to say whether "volunteer" should be a verb or a noun, for example. Thanks!--Jetam2 (talk) 18:55, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Jetam2. The terms cover two areas, gadgets (with their gadget label), and those for that section labels or quick links in the left sidebar to major pages. So it a good point, and I will put in some links to pages. And I understand that it is a less than perfect design, and I am tweaking the design with anchors and section links, and why I built the list of added terms. I will continue working on improving that aspect. Thanks for the translations, and thanks for sharing your thoughts. — billinghurst sDrewth 20:14, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
Wikimania News[edit source]
As you may have noticed on the mailing lists and on this wiki, there's a lot of things happening with Wikimania right now:
- The scholarship application process has OPENED.
- Call for spaces and their leaders is OPEN.
- Theme and first keynote speaker has been ANNOUNCED
It would be great if you could help spread these news to your local communities!
We are also looking for an ambassador coordinator, a person willing to coordinate and take a lead on the ambassador efforts. Would you like to be that person? If so, please send an email to eric.luth[at]wikimedia.se, describing why you would be the most suitable person for that role. The Wikimania ambassador lead will coordinate and drive the ambassador efforts, which will allow you to network with all the ambassadors and help organize the conference in another level.
Wikimania Ambassador[edit source]