Are you planning to attend Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm? Do you want somewhere to stay, but don't quite know where to look? No worries, we are here to help you.
For the attendees travelling to Stockholm, we have secured a block of rooms at a special discounted rate. These rooms are open for all Wikimedians, but the number is limited, so we advise you to book as early as possible. Deadline to book rooms and as they are available: July 13, 2019. Rooms are limited so don’t delay.
There will be one main hotel for attendees during Wikimania 2019. WMF staff and scholarship recipients will stay at another hotel closeby, to which it takes about 8 minutes to walk from the main hotel. This page is for people finding accommodation themselves, not scholarship recipients or WMF staff. Both are also situated closely to metro stations on the same line. For more information, read the travel guide.
Hotel with blocked rooms to book[edit | edit source]
A certain amount of rooms have been blocked at the Comfort Hotel Xpress Stockholm Central. The hotel is situated at Kungsbron 1, 111 22 Stockholm. This is just next to the Stockholm Central Station, where the main metro hub is situated.
The rate depends on whether you want a single or a double room:
- 1095 SEK including VAT /night for a single room
- 1195 SEK including VAT/ for a double room (one double bed).
- Breakfast is not included in the rate.
The location of Comfort Hotel Xpress Stockholm Central, in Stockholm, Sweden, the hotel where rooms have been blocked for attendees
There are three ways to book a room at the hotel:
- By using this link: https://www.nordicchoicehotels.com/wikimedia/
- By sending an email to xpress.stockholmcentralchoice.se
- By calling +46 8 566 222 00.
If you want to book the room via email or phone call, you have to state the reference number given below along with the rest of the bullet points:
- Reference Number: 2030GR010601
- First Name
- Last Name
- Check-in Date
- Check-out Date
- Room type (single/double)
- Phone number/Mobile
- Credit Card number
- Validity Date
The deadline to book rooms and as they are available is July 13, 2019. Rooms are limited, so don't delay!
Find your own accommodation[edit | edit source]
Would you rather find somewhere else to stay? Something cheaper? Something more luxurious? Something more quiet, or somewhere closer to the water? Don't worry. There's a lot of rooms of different kinds. According to one source, there are 8,500 hotel rooms within a 10 minute walk from the Central Station, and more than 37,000 hotel rooms in the Greater Stockholm Area. The city being well connected with metro lines, trams and buses, you can basically look for rooms anywhere. If you would like to stay close to most other participants, however, we advise you to look close to the Central Station or the lower parts of Kungsholmen. Most hotels have breakfast included in the room rate and free, high speed internet. If you prefer a hostel or AirBnB, Wifi will most often still be offered for free.
Where to look:
- AirBnB is a good place to start if you want to rent flats for your stay in Stockholm. It is quite popular in Sweden, and shouldn't be hard to find a good place at. Booking.com and similar hotel bookings may also help.
- Vandrarhem Stockholm has a good list of cheap hostels in central Stockholm. Some of them, like af Chapman and Den röda båten are located in old docked ships. Perhaps it's an experience to literally live on the water in Stockholm?