How to involve modern youth of small people to movement of developing native language.
In 2018, artificial intelligence is already able to analyze oral speech and written texts, to collect information on the Internet, summarize it, formulate phrases and conduct a meaningful dialogue with a person. Voice assistants in our smartphones change our world as well as the understanding of the human role.
For a comfortable life in such a decentralized Society 4.0, each person needs key skills:
- evaluate the credibility and accuracy of information,
- quickly include new information to their picture of the world, and therefore
- to transform their behavioral patterns.
These skills of information independence develop if they are systematically trained. Citizens of all ages want and need to experience productive participation in the digital world, to feel belonging to society and to see their objective value to society.
How to teach citizens to cooperate in the digital world? This can be done through a resource based o
n such cooperation, adapted to such cooperation.
- Participating in the free encyclopedia community, which everyone can rule, and other projects of the international Wikimedia Movement, people gain experience, learn to live in a "digital environment". This learning is safer and faster than in traditional learning environments, social networks or familiar public institutions.
- At the same time, a person makes a contribution to the development of a globally demanded project, being involved in it and feeling belonging to it. In 2017, 1,400 million people accessed Wikipedia every month. Today it is the third most important website of all time (according to Time) and the best Internet resource in the world (according to Byte Level Research and Harvard Business School).
- Helping to collect and develop the information image of their region on the Wikimedia movement platform, working with other people, the citizen is involved in a broad public work and sees its objective value.
Therefore we need to educate modern people using wiki-opportunities. It’s time start by youths.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
To include wiki-projects to process of quality education and social & economy growth as important part.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
Participants will start cooperating with local authorities to create local project of promotion free knowledge movement as social activity & to educate wiki-skills in people.
Affiliation/country (if any)[edit | edit source]
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Panel with audience Question & Answer session
The session will work best with these conditions:
Round table seating
About 50 participants. They don’t need any special skills or knowledge.
Format, and content, of this session is appropriate for filming by a single fixed-location camera.