The debate will take the opportunity of Wikimania to adress the questions :
- how to open up to diversity in the movement, and offer a better education and access to refugees and marginalized yougsters ?
- how to make african diaspora, refugees and marginalized communities inputs and culture more accessible and visible on Wikipedia ?
We will give a flash presentation (6 minutes) on 3 ongoing diversity programs with different focus. We will explain our choices, impact and challenges to illustrate the conversation
- Patrimoines africains - international program to valorize the african intangible heritage
- Write for the Rights Marseille - Refugees x Wikipedia
- Social Workers Training and Support to implement in child protection community centers
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
The projects are adressing the SDG 4 and 10, quality education and reducing equalities. The debate will focus on how to reduce inequality on access to rights and culture, for communities with special expectation or needs, and on
quality education through wikimedia.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
An open discussion to build ideas and share practices for diversity programs
- Léa Bouaroua
- Sophie Etienne
- Cercle Ahmadou Hampâté Ba (Wikifranca, Wikimedia Mali, Mali Unesco delegation, African culture International day, AKoma, Ifrikia mag, Eclore, Didacressources...)
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
The session will work best with these conditions: