Welcome to the landing page for the diversity space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
Välkommen till målsidan för mångfaldsutrymmet på Wikimania 2019 i Stockholm!
Benvenuti nella pagina dello spazio per la diversità a Wikimania 2019 in Stoccolma!
The Diversity Space at Wikimania will be on Saturday August 17th and Sunday August 18th, 2019. It is being organized by WikiDonne User Group and other wikimedians interested in diversity.
Through mini-keynotes, lightning talks, case studies, skills training, identifying critical challenges and group brainstorming sessions, the space will employ a number of approaches to engage Wikimedia community members, and those new to the movement, in how to improve content and participation in every type of diversity (cultural, language, geographical, gender, generational, abilities, and others).
These may include updates on cross-wiki projects, practical workshops, sharing of experiences, and pitches by external partners regarding further collaborations.
The event is open to everyone.
The space leaders for this space are:
You can reach us on our talk pages or with the email links.
Room D499 (holds 70 people)
The program list for Diversity space can be found at 2019:Diversity/Program.
Saturday August 17th
09:00 to 17:00
Sunday August 18th
09:30 to 15:30
- Culture diversity
- Language diversity
- Geographical diversity
- Gender diversity
- Age diversity
- Digital literacy diversity
- Abilities diversity
Even if you are not submitting a proposal or attending Wikimania, you are invited to add topics or areas of interest for the community and organizers to consider
- Ideas are welcome.
- Please add more here!
- Lightning talks (5 min – 10 min): short presentations to introduce new ideas!
- Presentations (30 min) talks on a more traditional format
- Panels (30 min – 45 min): sessions that actively invite participants to an open discussion
- Workshops (30 min – 60 min): sessions that focus on developing a specific outcome through practice
- Others (feel free to suggest more formats)
Relationship to the Sustainable Development Goals[edit | edit source]
The following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are relevant to our space. You will be asked to refer to them when making a submission. Read more about them here.
Ideas for Keynote speakers[edit | edit source]
- Camelia.boban (talk) 18:50, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
- Netha Hussain (talk) 08:14, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 12:29, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 15:55, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- marcmiquel (talk) 21:04, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Victuallers (talk) 22:33, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Mlemusrojas (talk) 16:54, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- DanielleJWiki (talk) 12:04, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
- Nina Lindström (talk)
- IvaBerlin (talk) 11:48, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- --Leserättin (talk) 11:49, 93# June 2019 (UTC)
- Tiputini (talk) 16:39, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- Armineaghayan (talk) 21:01, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 22:13, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- Sabinitus (talk) 11:29, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Mboix (talk) 09:08, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Lionel Scheepmans (talk) 15:23, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
Diversity submissions category
Accepted diversity submissions
Diversity Space Program • Lightning talks
Questions? Comments? Other suggestions? Start a conversation about the about the Diversity Space by clicking here.