Welcome to the landing page for the diversity space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
Välkommen till målsidan för mångfaldsutrymmet på Wikimania 2019 i Stockholm!
Benvenuti nella pagina dello spazio per la diversità a Wikimania 2019 in Stoccolma!
Background[edit | edit source]
The Diversity Space at Wikimania will be on Saturday August 17th and Sunday August 18th, 2019. It is being organized by WikiDonne User Group and other wikimedians interested in diversity.
Through mini-keynotes, lightning talks, case studies, skills training, identifying critical challenges and group brainstorming sessions, the space will employ a number of approaches to engage Wikimedia community members, and those new to the movement, in how to improve content and participation in every type of diversity (cultural, language, geographical, gender, generational, abilities, and others).
These may include updates on cross-wiki projects, practical workshops, sharing of experiences, and pitches by external partners regarding further collaborations.
The event is open to everyone.
Contact[edit | edit source]
The space leaders for this space are:
You can reach us on our talk pages or with the email links.
Location[edit | edit source]
Room D499 (holds 70 people)
Program schedule[edit | edit source]
The program list for Diversity space can be found at 2019:Diversity/Program.
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Saturday August 17th 09:00 to 17:00
Sunday August 18th 09:30 to 15:30
Suggested topics[edit | edit source]
- Culture diversity
- Language diversity
- Geographical diversity
- Gender diversity
- Age diversity
- Digital literacy diversity
- Abilities diversity
Community suggestions[edit | edit source]
Even if you are not submitting a proposal or attending Wikimania, you are invited to add topics or areas of interest for the community and organizers to consider
- Ideas are welcome.
- Please add more here!
Information for sessions[edit | edit source]
- Lightning talks (5 min – 10 min): short presentations to introduce new ideas!
- Presentations (30 min) talks on a more traditional format
- Panels (30 min – 45 min): sessions that actively invite participants to an open discussion
- Workshops (30 min – 60 min): sessions that focus on developing a specific outcome through practice
- Others (feel free to suggest more formats)
Relationship to the Sustainable Development Goals[edit | edit source]
The following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are relevant to our space. You will be asked to refer to them when making a submission. Read more about them here.
Ideas for Keynote speakers[edit | edit source]
- Chalmers University of Technology
- SWEA International
- Advancing Women Artists (AWA)
- Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD)
- Invisible Disabilities® Association (IDA)
Attending[edit | edit source]
- Camelia.boban (talk) 18:50, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
- Netha Hussain (talk) 08:14, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 12:29, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 15:55, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- marcmiquel (talk) 21:04, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Victuallers (talk) 22:33, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Mlemusrojas (talk) 16:54, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- DanielleJWiki (talk) 12:04, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
- Nina Lindström (talk)
- IvaBerlin (talk) 11:48, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- --Leserättin (talk) 11:49, 93# June 2019 (UTC)
- Tiputini (talk) 16:39, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- Armineaghayan (talk) 21:01, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 22:13, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- Sabinitus (talk) 11:29, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Mboix (talk) 09:08, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Lionel Scheepmans (talk) 15:23, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
Submissions sent[edit | edit source]
Diversity submissions category
- Diversity/2 Different abilities
- Diversity/Addressing knowledge equity in cultural heritage projects
- Diversity/AfroCROWD at the United Nations and in the International Community: How to Develop Global Wikipedia Partnerships for Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity/Bridging the gender gap with Wiki Loves Campaigns
- Diversity/Creative Diversity
- Diversity/Diversity and sources
- Diversity/Experience makes the difference in improving gender equality in Wikipedia
- Diversity/Gender Gap projects across Africa
- Diversity/Have you heard? - WikiGap, the next big thing?.
- Diversity/How to include oral culture in Wikimédia movement ?
- Diversity/How to narrow the Visual Gender Gap
- Diversity/Integrating Wiki-Menstruation to Achieve the SDGs
- Diversity/Interwiki Women Collaboration, a cross-wiki global campaign
- Diversity/Leisure Inequality
- Diversity/Let's open up : Refugees, marginalized youngsters, african diaspora
- Diversity/Lightning talks
- Diversity/Mapping the gender gap: Testimonies from the Indian Wikimedia community
- Diversity/Me and the gender gap
- Diversity/Northeastern University's "Women Writers in Review" and the case for devloping a Wikidata model depicting Cultures of Reception
- Diversity/Raising awareness for diversity issues of Wikipedia authors
- Diversity/Submission form
- Diversity/The AfroCine Project: Bridging the African Content Gap Through Cinema and Arts
- Diversity/The Equal Edit
- Diversity/The project: Repertory of women printers in Italy from the sixteenth to the eighteenth century
- Diversity/Wiki LGBT+ meetup
- Diversity/Wiki loves Monuments is (should be) more than just a Photo contest
- Diversity/Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory (WCDO): Empowering Communities to Bridge the Culture Content Gaps
Submissions accepted[edit | edit source]
Accepted diversity submissions
Program[edit | edit source]
Diversity Space Program • Lightning talks
Questions? Comments? Other suggestions? Start a conversation about the about the Diversity Space by clicking here.