Measuring Success: Planning outcomes for Wikimedia & Education projects
Find the presentation slides here: Slidedeck
||Wikimedia Username (if you have one)
||Role, website or any other details you'd like to share
|Melissa Guadalupe Huertas
||Program Officer, Education
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Roundtable discussion forum - 45 min
- Workshop to identify and try to solve problem - 60 min
- Discussion-based training - 60 min
45 - 60 minutes
How do we think of outputs, outcomes, and impact when we develop Wikimedia education projects? How do we measure the success of a Wikimedia education project beyond Wiki-metrics? This session will focus on the discussion of measurable learning outcomes in Wikimedia education initiatives. It will allow participants to think about strategies that put learning experiences front and center when planning a Wikimedia education project, and the tools needed to evaluate the impact our projects have in education interventions. It will further provide participants with knowledge and skills to advocate for the value of Wikimedia projects in education.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
This session will connect the assessment of Wikimedia education initiatives in the context of global education goals and SDG 4.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Participants will be able to identify learning outcomes connected to Wikimedia education projects.
- Participants will be able to identify strategies and tools to assess learning outcomes of Wikimedia education projects.
- Participants will be able to express the value that Wikimedia projects have to develop 21st century skills in students.
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Recording: if participants consent.