Welcome to the landing page for the Education Space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
Leaders and contact details[edit | edit source]
The Wikipedia & Education User Group is organizing and leading this space, but we are not doing this alone -- in order to create an inclusive and balanced program we have assembled a Content Committee with members from the Wikipedia & Education User Group, the Education Team at the Wikimedia Foundation, as well as 3 more volunteers from the wider EDUWiki community, who have volunteered to be on the committee.
Members of the Content Committee are:
- Shani Evenstein, Israel - Chair, Wikipedia & Education User Group.
- Susanna Mkrtchyan, Armenia - Board member, Wikipedia & Education User Group.
- Filip Maljković, Serbia - Board member, Wikipedia & Education User Group.
- Nichole Saad, US - Senior Manager, Education Team at the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Melissa Guadalupe Huertas, Peru - Education Team at the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Gina Bennett, Canada.
- Manavpreet Kaur, India.
- Robert (Bob) Cummings, US.
|Guiding principles in building the program (archived)|
If you have any questions, please contact us via our talk page, or via email at: eduwikiuggmail.com.
You can also reach out to Shani Evenstein at shani.evengmail.com or Susanna Mkrtchyan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description & Background[edit | edit source]
The Wikipedia & Education User Group is a global group that facilitates, supports, and advocates for implementing Wikipedia and its sister projects into the educational and academic curricula in both the Wikimedia movement and outside of it, in the Open Education and Open Knowledge movements.
Considering UNESCO’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as our own strategic process striving for “Knowledge as Service” and “Knowledge equity”, this space will connect individuals, affiliates and like-minded partners and organization looking at implementing Wikimedia projects as a teaching and learning platform.
The space will focus on:
- Sharing global experiences and best practices (for example, through talks and panels).
- Learning from each other and building capacity (for example, through workshops and panels).
- Collaborative work on joint projects/goals (for example, working groups and workshops).
- Partnerships building — going beyond the Wikimedia movement (i.e. what do we need to do to better partner with a like-minded organization).
- Achieving equity & equality through education.
To learn more about Wikipedia & Wikimedia Projects in Education, please check:
Proposed session format[edit | edit source]
|Submission guidelines (archived)|
Sessions will be diverse in format and will include:
We will be putting an extra focus on creating sessions that are collaborative, active and inclusive in their nature, rather than ones focusing on an individual or specific programs / initiatives and are passive in nature.
During the selection process, we are likely to prefer / favor sessions such as:
During the selection process, We are less likely to approve sessions that focus on:
Please note -- this does not mean we will not have lectures at all; just that we will be very selective in the lectures that will be featured in the program.
Relationship to the Sustainable Development Goals[edit | edit source]
We believe the following SDGs are relevant to our space. Please keep them in mind when proposing a session -
Get involved![edit | edit source]
We are encouraging the general Open Education Movement, including initiatives in the Wikimedia Movement to participate in creating this space, so it can reflect the wishes and needs of our community. Besides submitting, you are welcome to let us know if there are any topics / workshops that you'd like to see in the Education Space, as well as if there are any Keynote speakers you think we should contact.
Program[edit | edit source]
Program schedule[edit | edit source]
|- Workshop||- Panel||- Group discussions||- Lightning talks|
Rooms map[edit | edit source]
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
- Shani Evenstein (talk) 22:11, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
- Marajozkee (talk) 05:06, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- Fedaro (talk) 11:14, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- WikiTatik (talk) 14:35, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
- Juandev (talk) 23:54, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Yug (talk) 18:26, 28 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dominik Theis (talk) 13:20, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 15:30, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
- IvaBerlin (talk) 11:50, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 13:08, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- Marinna (talk) 14:47, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
- Тимерхан (talk) 07:28, 16 August 2019 (UTC)