The task of this session is to figure out how to build a network of jurisdiction-based integrated registries and repositories and how to assemble all this information in Wikimedia projects. It seems that Russia was the first to launch the public domain/commons registry. Noosphere.ru is an integrated jurisdiction-based registry and reserve repository that has been built upon the network of Russian open repositories and banks of knowledge. The role of Wikimedia community was very important as Russian Wikimedia RU has started annual reports on new works in public domain commissioned by the Webpublishers Association. This will enable us to locate and emancipate immeasurable amount of knowledge and culture all over the world making it instantly available anywhere almost cost free.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
topic is related to the two main goals: partnerships for the goals and ensuring innovation as global registry/repositories will make all the open content will be accessible by anyone from anywhere while providing freedom f
rom litigation as well.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Roadmap for the implementation of the global public domain/commons data collection network built upon the jurisdiction-based integrated registries/repositories.
- Guidelines for the Wikimedia communities based on Wikimedia RU experience and lessons drawn from Noosphere.ru.
- Recommendations for modifications of the registry software before its launch as an open-source solution later this year.
- Ivan Zassoursky, president at Webpublishers Association, chair of the new media and communication theory at Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Nataliia Trishchenko, project coordinator, Webpublishers Association, Wikimedia RU.
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Workshop to identify and try to solve problem
The session will work best with these conditions:
Any type of room with projector, and (if possible) the flipcharts
Audience: 30-50, no special requirements.
Yes, recording allowed