The Inventaire project has two cores working in synergy:
- The sharing webapp, inviting you to make the inventory of your books, and of the possibilities you want to open for them (giving, sharing, selling), as well as who should be able to see them (shared publicly, or just to your friends and groups).
- The bibliographic data project aiming at building a CC0 Wikidata-centered database on resources, to support the needs of the web app, while being enriched by its users, and more broadly speaking, to concretize our mission: mapping resources with libre software and open knowledge, starting with books!
Federating our database to Wikidata means benefiting from all the richness of the collaborative database, but doesn't come without challenges: from data modeling within  and , to technical challenges such as caching and indexing strategies, there are plenty of learnings to share!
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
3. Good health and wellbeing: sharing: sharing books among friends is very good for your health and wellbeing
4. Quality education: being part of a P2P library extends the benefits of public libraries to new heights!
8. Decent worth and economic growth: giving and sharing books for free increases everyone's wealth (see economy)
10. Reduced inequalities: there have been requests emanating from libraries of African and Asian countries to use our tool for their catalogue, the proprietary alternatives being too expensive for their needs. That would be a huge challenge, and something we might try to address in the years to come.
12. Responsible consumption and production: beyond the sole books, Inventaire is a project about consuming locally by making the information of the smallest actors accessible: it starts with simple readers, but will - one day! - include local libraries and book shops.
13. Climate action: among the communities taking advantage of the tool, there is a disproportionate amount of activist groups sharing their bibliographic resources
14. Life below water: are currently experimenting on crossing the use of books and Deep Learning to tacle this very subject 
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
Attendees should know more about the Inventaire project, and ways to cross-contribute between Wikidata and Inventaire.
Video on Commons
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
The session will work best with these conditions:
projector / screen
books/wikis/data lovers. Having no particular technical skills shouldn't prevent enjoying this session, but I can't garantee that there won't be any technobabble here and there