Welcome to the Libraries Space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm
If you have any questions, please contact the space leaders
Wikimedia projects and libraries have a shared goal of making knowledge freely and widely available. The Libraries Space showcases collaborations in the interest that common mission. Considering UNESCO’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as the Wikimedia Movement's strategic goals of striving for “Knowledge as Service” and “Knowledge equity”, the space will bring together librarians (whether in title or in spirit), Wikimedians, Wikimedia affiliates, knowledge professionals, and those who are passionate and engaged around the intersection of Wikimedia and Libraries, and see possibility for beneficial collaboration.
Wikimedia and Libraries continue to collaborate in several areas and have formed several programs and group to facilitate common interest, such as The Wikipedia Library and Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. However there is so much more: collaborations between affiliate groups and libraries; librarians using and adapting Wikimedia projects to meet their internal goals; Wikimedians learning about the inner workings of libraries.
- Sharing global experiences and best practices (for example, through talks and panels).
- Learning from each other and building capacity (for example, through workshops and panels).
- Collaborative work on joint projects/goals (for example, working groups and workshops).
- Partnerships building — going beyond the Wikimedia movement (i.e. what do we need to do to better partner with a like-minded organization).
Relationship to the Sustainable Development Goals[edit | edit source]
We believe the following SDGs are relevant to our space.
We are encouraging Wikimedia community members, librarians, and others, in creating this space, so it can reflect the wishes and needs of our community. Please et us know if there are any topics/workshops that you'd like to see in the Libraries Space. Your suggestions will help us reach relevant individuals, affiliates, and organisations, to propose sessions.
- Kindly note that this represents the program schedule and sessions taking place as a part of the Libraries space only.
- For the main program of Wikimania 2019, please visit 2019:Program#Preconference.
- Map locations listed in the following sections guide you to the respective buildings only, but not the rooms.
- This list contains sessions that are not a part of the Libraries space, but may of interest to folks who are interested in libraries.
Welcome to the talk page of Libraries Space at Wikimedia 2019
- Please add your signature if you will be interested to attend the Libraries space. It may be one session or the whole day, it is up to to you!