Let's use the opportunity of being together in one place to discuss what we can do to support each other in the work we do.
Friday, August 16, 16:00-17:20
Gbowee (Kungstenen) room, in the upper floor of Aula Magna
Those of you who are part of chapters, affiliates, and user groups are encouraged to participate. Volunteers without an affiliation to these entities are also welcome to join if they find the conversation interesting. In the latter case, please come with the expectation that the focus of the conversation will be on how organized groups can work more closely with each other in the "research" space and what the Research team at Wikimedia Foundation can do for them.
Provide input prior to the session
If you'd like to attend the session and have not fill out the survey we sent out to wikimania-l, wikimedia-l, and african-wikimedians lists, please considering doing so as it can help us learn how we can adjust the content of the session to best suit your needs. Note that the survey is in Google Forms. Link to survey.
Let's use the opportunity of being in Wikimania to get together and discuss the following and beyond:
- [10-min] A round of introductions for people in the room.
- [3-min] Introduction to Wikimedia Foundation's Research team.
- [10-min] An update about what the Research team at Wikimedia Foundation has done since we met last year in Wikimania. We will provide updates on "Addressing Knowledge Gaps" and research contributions to "Knowledge Integrity".
- [5-min] What stopped us from doing more? What challenges did we face?
- [30-min or more] What are some of the most pressing needs/questions that chapters, affiliates, and user groups face? (with an eye for converting them to research questions.)
- [15-min] Let's talk longer term: what does it take to have a global network of researchers around Wikimedia projects? Why is having such a network important? Can we work together on this?
(Time allocations for the agenda above are not set in stone but will give you a rough sense of how much time we will spend in each area.)
Please sign your name below if you're interested to attend.