2019:Meetups/Commons photographer's meetup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the meetup for Wikimedia Commons photographers.
- When: Saturday, 16:45 to 17:30
- Where: Room Strickland
- I'd like to mention commons:User:Nemo bis/Copyleft enforcement if the group is interested. Nemo (talk) 09:49, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Juandev (talk) 00:21, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Wuselig (talk) 22:12, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- --MB-one (talk) 08:47, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- --- Suyash.dwivedi (talk) 12:47, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Albinfo (talk) 15:26, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- User:Mike Peel gave a quick overview of links from English Wikipedia to Commons, which now compare against the commons sitelinks that are also used for adding the infobox to the category. He asked for help to clean up some of the bad ones, in the subcategories of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Commons_category_Wikidata_tracking_categories
- Having a tool that lets you copy your own photos from google photos to Wikimedia Commons was requested. A tool that downloads any photo isn't possible due to copyright problems, but if they are your photos then there's no problem. Would also be nice if Google made free licences available on their site.
- Some people upload photos from their phone. Commons app had problems, but new version has fixed it. Most present use dedicated cameras, though.
- Overview of Lightroom plugin. Needs to be supported - it is aready breaking, eg preview of generated code does not include license.
- Would be nice to use a fully open-source workflow at some point!
- Use the wishlist when you have ideas!
- Please help cleanup https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Commons_category_Wikidata_tracking_categories (in particular, "locally defined" or "defined as the pagename")
- WMF should help providing/maintaining/creating tools that help photographers with mass uploading images to Commons. At the moment, we are relying to workarounds.