2019:Multimedia knowledge/360° photography
|This is an Accepted submission for the Multimedia space at Wikimania 2019.|
Description[edit | edit source]
Interactive spherical panoramas (or 180° by 360° panoramas) have increasingly become an established tool when it comes to visualising locations in online media.
This hands-one workshop will teach the participants different techniques how to photograph and assemble such panoramas themselves. Different shooting (freehand, nodal point adapter, 360° camera, drohne) and stitching method are going to be demonstrated.
The event could also be held in two parts:
- Photo tour to some interesting monument or place to photographe the raw material
- Postproduction session that also includes stiching, retouching and uploading to Commons as well as the implemtnation into Wikimedia-Artikels.
Session outcomes[edit | edit source]
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- gain a basic understanding of how 360° panos are made.
- know where to look and how to teach themselves to master this technologie in their own works.
Session leader(s)[edit | edit source]
Martin Kraft, Designer and Photographer
Relationship to the theme[edit | edit source]
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner: 360° Panoramas are a good way to improve the visual quality of information and education. Spherical panoramas provide a provides a better impression of a building, square or landscape than a traditional photograph – which may reduce the need of actually traveling there to experience it fist hand.
Session type[edit | edit source]
The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Technology-based training
Requirements[edit | edit source]
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: Any visualy apealing space (for the shooting). Room with tables for postproduction
- Audience: People interested in Photography and Multimedia technics. Preferable a smaller group of up to 20 people
- Recording: No recording needed
Additional material[edit | edit source]
- Projector for presentation and demonstration purposes
Interest[edit | edit source]
If you would like to attend this session, please express your interest by signing ~~~~ below
- --Sparrow (麻雀) (talk) 17:23, 4 August 2019 (UTC) (@Martin Kraft: it's strange that the session should entail a photo walk and post production but is only in the program from 2 to 2:30 pm. What's planned exactly in which time frame? Will it only be a presentation?
- -- Indrajitdas (talk) 18:17, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
- -- Pdproject (talk) 22:42, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Cmglee (talk) 09:37, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Omar sansi (talk) 12:08, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- … (you?)