Audio visuals bring life to stories, it adds colour and perception and makes storytelling an easy task. Especially in a world where the barriers in identifying credible sources restrains certain forms of knowledge to be shared on platforms that the masses go to for knowledge (such as Wikipedia). A partnership with Animaxfyb Studios, a multimedia company with expertise in animations has showcased ways to go around these barriers and change the narrative from the "sum of some knowledge" to the sum of all knowledge. This partnership has given our affiliate access to animation pictures and videos about historical occurrences in Ghanaian history. It is hoped that these will be uploaded to commons for use on related Wikimedia projects.
This presentation is to introduce Wikimedia
ns to the concept of using animation under free license on Wikimedia projects to tell stories that currently may not have a place on Wikipedia because of the non-acceptance of oral history in Academia. The session will also be used to solicit views from experienced Wikimedians about how we can leverage this new opportunity for other Wikimedia projects.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Attendees will learn about alternative ways to capture knowledge currently being excluded
- How to present information in their original forms but in acceptable formats that does not compromise the stories
- Attendees will learn how to incorporate audiovisual(s) or animations in to tell stories on Wikimedia projects
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
This submission focusses on improving the quality of education as currently the mission of Wikipedia which leads to attaining the SDG 4 (Quality Education) is limited to some knowledge and not all knowledge from all aspects of life. My submission seeks to address such issues or at least create the awareness of alternative ways to go around the hurdles.
The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Room: A classroom setting with a projector
- Audience:Any Wikipedian or newcomers interested in the subject matter.
- Recording:The format is simple and can be recorded by a single camera.
If you would like to attend this session, please express your interest by signing
* ~~~~ below