Practical demonstration of portrait photography using the equipment of the Wiki Loves Parliaments projects. Therefore we will set up a photo booth with studio flashes and background and produce some good quality portrait photographs.
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Sharing experiences in portrait photography with interested Wikimedia Commons Photographers
- Creating Pictures of notable attendees
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
Instructions: Describe how your session relates to at least one of the 17 SDGs, and helps address at least one of their respective targets.
- Goal 16 - Peace, justice and strong institutions.
The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Technology-based training
- Workshop to identify and try to solve problem
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Small room or part ot the room with at least 8m² space and min. 3m height for the photo booth.
- Plus space for the audience.
- Since we will use photographic flashes, there should be as sight barrier towards other events (like film recordings) that might be otherwise disturbed.
- Anybody interested in photographing people for the wikimedia projects.
- Notable Attendees (Wikimedians as well as people from Stockholm..)
- No video recording!, the session will be documented by pictures.
- Camera and Flash equipment might be provided by Wikimedia Austria and Germany, as well as the session leaders.
- Photograp hers are more than welcome to bring their own gear to.