2019:Poster session/Wikimedia projects in the languages of Russia
|This is an Accepted submission for the Poster space at Wikimania 2019.|
Description[edit | edit source]
We can only achieve Wikimedia vision if we collect all knowledge in all forms, types, dimensions & languages. This can only be achieved if we keep finding new resources to make this happen.
Keeping Russia's domestic multilingualism & multiculturalism, just like that of any country (see m:Wikimedia Indigenous Languages) will only be possible if this becomes economical, popular among the population & personally rewarding for volunteers.
After presenting Wikipedias in the languages of Russia project related lightning talk (slides) & a related poster @ Wikimania-2017 in Montreal, both WMF Affiliation committee, as well as Wikimedia Russia representatives welcomed the idea of developing Wikimedia Languages of Russia Community UG to support efforts of those language communities not yet numerous or qualified enough to have Russia-based language-specific UGs of their own.
Wikimedia Russia is already recognizing leading contributors in larger regional language Wikipedias within its annual Wiki-Award, periodically organizes Wiki-seminars in various parts of the country. But developing Wiki-communities with even post-Incubator WP requires a more systemic effort.
On top of the project meta page & its growing Facebook group community, now have a dedicated tracking projects in Wikimedia Russia wiki, where we track active contributors, as well as readership in respective languages & ongoing discussions with Russian Wikinews on how to organize a monthly recognition of the leading contributors.
The poster is to demonstrate evolution of the project over the course of last two years, successes & lessons learned.
Structure[edit | edit source]
- What's the point?
- Why should Wikimedians care about linguistic diversity onwiki?
- What will it cost us and what's the benefits? (Price/Earnings)
- How can we get there?
- Kumusha takes Wiki
- Wikimedia Indigenous Languages
- Wikimedia Education Program
- Smart region
- Regional Multilingualism
- Wikipedias in the languages of Russia
- Wikimedia Community Languages of Russia
- Wikimedia Languages of Russia Reports
- Wiki for multilingual elementary, secondary, vocational and university education
- Regional Multilingualism
Author(s)[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Farhad Fatkullin, frhdkazan (tt).
- Mr. Oleg Abarnikov, Soul Train (ru, lez, ba).
- Mrs. Zaituna Nigamatyanova, З. ӘЙЛЕ (ba).
- Mr. Paul Kaganer, Kaganer (ru).
- Mr. Nikolay Pavlov, HalanTul (sah).
- Mr. Petränj Andü, Erzianj jurnalist (myv).