At Wikimedia Sverige we have been using Phabricator for a few years now to coordinate our work. This helps us coordinating our work and gives transparency to what we do at the organization. As always with new tools, it takes a bit of time and effort to figure out how to best to use them.
In this workshop we will help kick start chapters or other groups who want to start using Phabricator in their work by initially sharing our experiences. We will show how we have structured our work in Phabricator, with respect to projects, tasks, workboards etc. The participants will then work in groups to see if this is suitable for their needs and what they would need to do get started.
This session will address the conference theme — Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals — in the following manner:
This will help groups with less resources who want to organize their work effectively, transparently and accountable (SDG16). It will help ensure an open and fast exchange of information between Wikimedia movement affiliates and by doing so facilitate partnerships when opportunities more easily can be identified (SDG17).
At the end of the session, the following will have been achieved:
- Participants know how they can use Phabricator to organize their works and what value it creates.
- Participants have initiated the work to start using the tool in their work.
Each Space at Wikimania 2019 will have specific format requests. The program design prioritises submissions which are future-oriented and directly engage the audience. The format of this submission is a:
- Computer-based training
- Discussion-based training
- Workshop to identify and try to solve a problem
The session will work best with these conditions:
- Audience: Representatives from organizations
- Recording: Yes, a recording of the introduction is suitable. Following discussions may be harder to record.
Notes from the session can be found here.