2019:Technology outreach & innovation
Technology Outreach & Innovation
Welcome to the the Technology Outreach & Innovation Space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
- Any questions about this space? You can direct them to the space leaders:
- Srishti Sethi (WMF)
Understanding the Technology Outreach & Innovation space[edit | edit source]
Even though Wikimedia's technology backstage isn't as well known as other aspects of our community by the general public, technical outreach, development and innovation is a fundamental part of our identity, our activities and our success. Let's reflect on our relationship to technology as an open knowledge community, our struggles and limitations, our successes and best practices, and our processes of open collaboration; immerse ourselves in the world of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science; and discover the multiple possibilities of all of the incredible technology our vibrant community builds.
Focus[edit | edit source]
- An exploration of our identity as a free and open source software community.
- The diversity of possibilities technical outreach and innovation can offer to new and existing users.
- How artificial intelligence and machine learning can work for you, and work with you in the Wikimedia movement and beyond.
Program[edit | edit source]
Program schedule[edit | edit source]
|- Workshop||- Panel||- Group discussions||- Lightning talks|
Rooms map[edit | edit source]
Related sessions[edit | edit source]
- This list contains sessions that are not a part of the "Technology outreach & innovation" space, but may of interest to folks who are interested in technology outreach and innovation.
|Session title||Space||Date & Timings||Room|
|Hackathon||---||14–15 August 2019||Check 2019:Hackathon/program|
|Wikispeech - making Wikipedia accessible through speech technology||Accessibility||16 August, 13:30 to 14:00||Gbowee (Aula Magna)|
|Technology for growth||Community Growth||17 August, 14:00 to 15:30||Montalcini (Juristernas hus)|
|Wikidata Infoboxes||Languages||17 August, 14:30 to 15:00||Menchú (B487)|
|Wikimedia 2030 Product & Technology||Strategy||18 August, 9:30 to 11:00||Karman (Aula Magna)|
|Why do Wikimedians need digital security?||Safety||18 August, 9:30 to 10:15||Tu (B497)|
|Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory||Diversity||18 August, 10:00 to 10:30||Lessing (D499)|
|Effectively manage Wiki initiatives with the Programs & Events Dashboard||Education||18 August, 11:30 to 13:00||Yousafzai (Rotunda)|
Questions? Comments? Write them here!
I know the submissions closed a few days ago. Despite that, I would like to ask for our workshop/lecture on Bulk loading data into Wikibases - showing some initial results from our Wikidata & ETL Project grant - to be considered. Jakub.klimek (talk) 08:31, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Jakub.klimek, I cannot guarantee anything, but I brought your question to the attention of the other space leaders. Ciell (talk) 19:07, 18 June 2019 (UTC)