Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is an Accepted submission for the Transcription space at Wikimania 2019.|
Gbowee · Sunday 15:00 – 15:30
Description[edit | edit source]
Wrap-up session to close the Transcription space track, to share and review together the important and remarkable subjects of the previous sessions, the open issues and remarks.
It is also the moment for the final questions and to make some proofreading of the Etherpad session notes.
Session outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Summarize and highlight the main points of the different sessions
- Common goals
- 1 Improve OCR in different languages, not only relay on Google OCR
- 2 Improve OCR of Fraktur
- 3 Document discussions, for example on the multilingual Wikisource Best Practice page: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Best_Practices
- Small communities working
- 1 mailing list
- 2 Wikimedia space for discussions
- 3 FB-page today (not a group)
- Expand GLAM partnerships: what does or doesn't work. Above all, share it with Wikisource colleagues!
- Expanding the user base by reaching out through unexpected channels, for example through WhatsApp groups (like the Telugu Wikisource community did).
- Involve youngster and schoolchildren
- Transcription project (https://transcription.si.edu/ ) ref Smithsonian project Smithsmonian Digital Volunteers
- Should try it out and try some observational casual usability testing
- Image preload gadget/feature https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T230689
Session leader(s)[edit | edit source]
- Everyone !
- Moderator: Vigneron
Session type[edit | edit source]
- Wrap-up with Question & Answer
Requirements[edit | edit source]
The session will work best with these conditions:
Everyone is welcome, especially those who miss one or several previous sessions