Gbowee · Sunday 15:00 – 15:30
Wrap-up session to close the Transcription space track, to share and review together the important and remarkable subjects of the previous sessions, the open issues and remarks.
It is also the moment for the final questions and to make some proofreading of the Etherpad session notes.
- Summarize and highlight the main points of the different sessions
- Common goals
- Small communities working
- 1 mailing list
- 2 Wikimedia space for discussions
- 3 FB-page today (not a group)
- Expand GLAM partnerships: what does or doesn't work. Above all, share it with Wikisource colleagues!
- Expanding the user base by reaching out through unexpected channels, for example through WhatsApp groups (like the Telugu Wikisource community did).
- Involve youngster and schoolchildren
- Transcription project (https://transcription.si.edu/ ) ref Smithsonian project Smithsmonian Digital Volunteers
- Should try it out and try some observational casual usability testing
- Image preload gadget/feature https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T230689
- Wrap-up with Question & Answer
The session will work best with these conditions:
Everyone is welcome, especially those who miss one or several previous sessions