Welcome to the Transcription Space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
If you have any questions, please contact the co-leaders
- Transcription is getting a text from a medium (which can be from a facsimile, a photo, an audio or video recording). This is at the heart of several Wikimedia projects, Wikisource obviously but also Commons and in the end, it can be found in one form or an other in all Wikimedia projects.
- Transcribing is fundamental for a Gallery, Library, Archive or Museum, as it allows media contents to be more accessible, making these contents to be visible and discoverable. It has specific needs that requires special tools (OCR, Proofread Page extension, TimedText, templates like Inscription, and many others). Transcription is also done outside Wikimedia constellation, in several projects that can be an inspiration for us.
- Examples of relevant background reading (TED, past wikimania, Signpost, research summary….) to demonstrate what already exists in this field.
Transcription can also be linked to several Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular the goal 4 to « ensure inclusive and equitable quality education ».
Sessions will be diverse in format and will include:
- lightning talks (5 min – 10 min)
- presentations (30 min)
- workshops (30 min – 60 min)
- something else!
Submissions are now closed.
Welcome to the talk page of Transcription Space at Wikimedia 2019
Please notify VIGNERON and/or Slowking4 to make sure we see your message.