Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Transcription Space at Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm!
If you have any questions, please contact the co-leaders
Short description[edit | edit source]
- Transcription is getting a text from a medium (which can be from a facsimile, a photo, an audio or video recording). This is at the heart of several Wikimedia projects, Wikisource obviously but also Commons and in the end, it can be found in one form or an other in all Wikimedia projects.
- Transcribing is fundamental for a Gallery, Library, Archive or Museum, as it allows media contents to be more accessible, making these contents to be visible and discoverable. It has specific needs that requires special tools (OCR, Proofread Page extension, TimedText, templates like Inscription, and many others). Transcription is also done outside Wikimedia constellation, in several projects that can be an inspiration for us.
Background[edit | edit source]
- Examples of relevant background reading (TED, past wikimania, Signpost, research summary….) to demonstrate what already exists in this field.
- Wikisource Conference 2015
- Wikimania Wikisource Year in Review 2017
- English wikisource year in review 2018
Transcription can also be linked to several Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular the goal 4 to « ensure inclusive and equitable quality education ».
Topics[edit | edit source]
Sessions will be diverse in format and will include:
- lightning talks (5 min – 10 min)
- presentations (30 min)
- workshops (30 min – 60 min)
- something else!
Proposed submissions[edit | edit source]
- Transcription/A general annotation service
- Transcription/An Opinionated Point of View on Wikisource 2.0
- Transcription/Building Locally Relevant Knowledge with Wikisource
- Transcription/Sharing best practices among Wikisource communities
- Transcription/Submission form
- Transcription/Subtitling the Chaos Communication Congress: An Experience Report
- Transcription/Transcription workshop
- Transcription/Using transcribed content for community building and more...
- Transcription/Wikisource 2030: Let's Dream Together
- Transcription/Wikisource Year in Review 2019
Make a submission[edit | edit source]
Submissions are now closed.
Discussion[edit | edit source]
Welcome to the talk page of Transcription Space at Wikimedia 2019
Please notify VIGNERON and/or Slowking4 to make sure we see your message.